Please make sure to read our About section and past issues to ensure your submission fits our themes.
In 2021, we published three issues, but from 2022, we will publish two issues a year, in March and October. All work submitted is considered for the next issue. In 2023, we did not publish a March issue. We are currently closed for submissions as we read submissions we have received so far. We will reopen for submissions later in the summer. Thank you for your patience.
- Up to five poems, 10 pages of cross-genre work, or 3,000 words of prose. Multiple flash fictions or nonfictions are allowed if their total word count is under 3,000 words.
- Attach all submissions to our Google form as a single document (Word or PDF) in 12-point Garamond or Calibri. Prose (fiction and creative nonfiction) must be double spaced.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed. Please email us immediately at liminaltransitreview [at] gmail [dot] com if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Multiple submissions are not allowed. Please submit once per issue and in only one genre.
- Include trigger or content warnings if needed.
- Please submit in English. Translations are not accepted at this time.
- Please do not submit to us again until after you have heard back on your first submission.
We accept book review submissions by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) all year round– please make sure to indicate which book you are reviewing in your subject. All books reviewed. must be relevant to LTR’s themes.
We aim to respond within four months, though sometimes we may take longer. Please reach out to us if it has been longer than six months.
Liminal Transit Review is a volunteer literary journal. We do not charge submission fees and are not a paying journal at this time.
Liminal Transit Review asks for first North American serial rights, and all rights revert to the author on publication.
Submit poetry here, fiction here, creative nonfiction here, and cross-genre work here.